Email campaigns are important because research shows a large percentage of both adults and teenagers regularly use email. Running a successful email campaign can significantly contribute to customer interactions and generate sales in the long term.
How to run a successful campaign?
- Know your goals: Email campaigns can serve various purposes including nurturing existing customers or welcoming new ones. The email itself should have content that is relevant to the purpose it is serving and encourages the recipient to take the intended actions.
- Build a targeted email list: Your email list should contain customers who are interested in your products. A simple way to do this is to ask visiting customers, both online and in person, if they would like to receive emails about new products and sales.
- Understand the types of emails: Promotional, relational and transactional emails each play a different role. Knowing what the purpose of these emails is will help build the email campaign to serve that purpose.
- Know your audience: Use your data to understand who your customers are and what they are likely to be interested in. This will help curate email campaigns that will engage the customer.
- Create engaging emails: The campaigns should be structured and designed in a way that they keep the customer connected. For example, if the campaign is promotional, the header should be eye-catching, followed by some of the best products, and finally, directed to the website where they can find other products in the promotion.
- Plan emails and follow-ups: The content, purpose and goal of your email will determine the frequency of that campaign and whether follow-ups are required. Often, this requires finding a balance between reminding the customer of promotions or actions they need to complete, and not overwhelming them with emails.