457 Visa Tax Returns

Are you a temporary resident of Australia on a subclass 457 visa? One of the first things you’ll need is an accountant with Australian & international accounting experience who can guide you through Australia’s complex and constantly changing tax rules, treaties and exemptions.

Easy Tax Accountants can assist you with all your tax and accounting needs; from obtaining a tax file number (TFN) and completing your Australian tax return to knowing where you stand with living away from home allowances and double taxation arrangements.

You probably know the importance of getting your tax organized to achieve the best possible outcome from your Australian posting… but as a busy professional adjusting to life in a new country, you risk leaving it until too late – potentially ending up hundreds or even thousands of dollars behind when tax time arrives.

That’s where Easy Tax Accountants can assist. Whether you’re from the USA, UK, Europe, Japan, China, Hong Kong or other Asian nations… we have been providing friendly, accurate and professional tax assistance and advice to expatriate professionals for more than 20 years.

Just one consultation can put you on the right path and end your tax worries… so you can spend more time enjoying Australia’s world-class lifestyle.


LAFHA – Living Away From Home Allowance

As a 457 visa holder you may be eligible for the LAFHA. Recent changes to Australia’s Fringe Benefits Tax (FBT) rules now require that, starting October 2012, the LAFHA be taxed as part of employees’ regular income.

457 visa holders with a pre-existing LFHA agreement may be eligible for a transitional arrangement that will allow them to retain at least some of their LAFHA tax exemption into 2013/14.

If you are a foreign worker on a 457 visa and still under an LAFHA agreement with your employer, Easy Tax can advise you as to whether you’re eligible for this transitional arrangement.


We keep it as easy as possible

Most of our clients are individual professionals and owners of small to medium businesses. Very few are tax or accounting experts, so we’ve learned from experience how to discuss even the most complex tax issues with our customers in plain, easy to understand terms.

Our experience and expertise in helping our clients understand and manage their tax has helped countless expatriate workers save time, money and stress, and given them the peace of mind they need to make the most of their Australian stay.

For the best advice on tax for 457 visa holders, contact Easy Tax today for a consultation.


Take advantage of our small business accounting services during which we will help you to refine your needs and consider an accounting and tax planning solution for your business going forward… make an online enquiry today or call us on +61 2 9419 5322 and let us help you solve your accounting or tax problems.

Comments are closed.